Monday, August 2, 2010

Blackberry 9700 Bold - White Screen of Death (WSOD)

Blackberry 9700 Bold White Screen of Death (WSOD)

I recently encounter this new phenomenon in Blackberry. I never thought this would exist in blackberry world. But here it is. I actually took pictures of it.





Steps you can take if you encounter WSOD


- Do soft reboot. Alt + Shift+del
- Do device software upgrade to latest version. Goto you wireless provider website and get the latest download from there.
- If the above two do not work and you continue to have issues then call your service provider and get a warranty exchange if one is available.



2 comments:

  1. I have tried everything to get this fixed. I have had 2 exchange phone in one week! I think now it is my battery because the battery doesnt fit any more. It is abnormally swollen on both sides so the cover cannot close properly even with the SIM card out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get some help in this links:

    http://linkmobiles.blogspot.com/2011/05/blackberry-9700-white-screen-done.html

    http://mobilephonerepairguides.blogspot.com/2011/07/solution-how-to-fix-blackberry-bold.html

    ReplyDelete